Wednesday 21 December 2011

Getting it straight

Isaac has been into his curves lately and then today, out of the blue, he created a track with some strong linear elements. In many ways it was a catalogue type layout with a simple figure of eight circuit. What was very elegant was the curving siding that ended at a crossover. Unlike the other day when the track rambled the long way round this one had a simple curve that fitted within the loop of the track. He put one more siding in, again very straight, and seemed quite content. Personally I found the track very pleasing to the eye, maybe I shy away from the flamboyance of some of the other tracks.

After a few minutes Isaac realised he not only had a lot of curves left, but also a set of points so he built me a track to go next to his. Mine of course was a lot more curvy. Unlike my post a couple of days ago I have photos of it to show you today.

All of this work was done in the early morning and Isaac appears to have been pleased with his layout as it was unchanged when I got in from work almost 12 hours later.




No comments:

Post a Comment